TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Confirming your booking and taking payment
After receiving your rental request, we will have to check the availability of the car and if possible we will send the confirmation quickly. If the conditions are favorable, we will ask you to send us your personal documents (Passport, Driving License) and we will send an "Authorization Form" to withdraw the money on the credit card or send the payment link where the customer can pay independently without sending to we credit card. Some rentals may require you to lock the security deposit on your credit card at least one day before the rental. In this case it is mandatory to send the filled and signed authorization form in order to proceed with pre-authorization. You will not have a contract until we have confirmed your booking and taken the payment. We will send all correspondence to the address provided when making the booking. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms shall entitle any third party to any benefit or rights pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Accuracy of Information
Although we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, neither we nor our affiliates, suppliers or agents can be held responsible by you for the accuracy of such information. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided on this website. We will not be held responsible for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing willful damage, driving off-road or driving without due care and attention. You, will accept full responsibility in respect of such claims. This list is not exhaustive. What is included / excluded in the price? Please read the specific terms & conditions relating to your car hire, which you will see during the booking process.
While we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, neither we nor our affiliates, suppliers or agents can be held responsible for the accuracy of such information. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information provided on this site. We are not responsible for driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, intentional damage, driving off-road, or driving without due care and attention. You assume all liability with respect to such claims. This list is not exhaustive. What is included/excluded in the price? Please refer to the specific terms and conditions pertaining to your rental car that you will see during the booking process.
Minimum/maximum age restrictions
In most places, the minimum rental age is 21 years old. Some car rental companies and some countries may charge extra fees for drivers under 25 years old or over 65: if the correct age of the driver was specified when booking, we will inform you of possible fees. Minimum age requirements for drivers of larger vehicles may also be higher in some locations. Please contact our contact center if you have any questions or concerns about this.
Car rental rates will be confirmed at the time of booking and will be based on 24-hour units. If you wish to extend the rental period after receiving the car or leave the car later than indicated on your voucher/e-voucher, the contract for such extension is always made directly with the car rental company and the additional time will be charged by the car rental company at the local daily rate, which may be higher than the rates agreed with us at the time of booking. The car rental company may also charge an additional late drop-off fee, details of any additional fees will be outlined in your contract with the car rental company.
Late Check-ins/Early Check-outs
Rentals begin and end according to the check-in and check-out dates and times listed on your voucher/e-voucher. Unfortunately, we cannot refund you for unused time if the car is picked up late or dropped off early. If you are unable to pick up the car at the agreed time and date, you must contact us as soon as possible. If you fail to do so, there is no guarantee that the vehicle will be available and you will not be entitled to a refund.
One-way rentals must be confirmed in advance and may be subject to a one-way fee payable to the car rental company.
We will let you know if a fee will be charged when you confirm the delivery/pickup time, as well as the full address information on your reservation request. Please note: car rental companies generally do not deliver or pick up cars from private residences. When taking a rental car out to another country/state/island, driving restrictions may apply; therefore, you need to let our contact center know at the time of booking if you intend to do so. Additional documentation may be required, and local fees may apply when traveling to some countries.
Cancellations and Refunds
- 30 days or more before the start of your rental - 20% penalty of the total amount
- 14 days or less before rental begins - 40% of total penalty
- 7 days before start of rental - 60% of total fee
- Three days or less before you start your rental - 100% of the total amount penalty.
- If you do not show up on the agreed date and time and/or have not provided all necessary documents and/or have not provided a credit card in the name of the main driver with enough credit to cover the car deposit, the penalty will be 100% of the total amount.
Failure to Appear
A "no-show" is when you:
- Want to cancel the reservation but do not inform us before the rental begins, or
- you didn't pick up the car on the scheduled time and date, or
- you have not provided us with the documents needed to pick up the car, or
- you have not provided a credit card in the name of the main driver with sufficient funds available on it to pay the car deposit. In all cases of "no-show" you will not receive a refund. The car rental company reserves the right to refuse to provide a car to any customer who fails to arrive on time with all necessary documents and a credit card in the name of the main driver with sufficient funds available to pay the car deposit. In this case, unless the rental has been cancelled in advance, the customer is not entitled to a refund.
Amendments (changes to your reservation)
You may make changes to your reservation at any time before you are due to pick up the car, but not less than 7 days before the rental. There is no administration fee for amending your reservation, but any changes you make may affect the rental price. Sometimes (not often) the only way to change a reservation is to cancel it and make another one, in which case we may charge you a cancellation fee on behalf of the car rental company.
If we make changes to your reservation
Sometimes it may be necessary to make changes to your booking (once it has been accepted). In all such cases we will inform you as soon as possible before picking up the car and, if the proposed changes are unacceptable, you will be offered a full refund. However, in such circumstances, we will not accept any further liability in respect of any direct or indirect loss you may suffer as a result of such changes.
Mechanical Failures / Accidents
In the event of a breakdown or mechanical malfunction, you must call the car rental company immediately. The car rental company must authorize the repair or replacement of the vehicle. If you are involved in an accident, you must contact the local police and the car rental company. Keep copies of all relevant paperwork that you will be asked to fill out. You may need them if you want to file a claim. The rental of any vehicle is subject to the terms and conditions of the car rental company and the relevant laws of the country and/or state where the rental is made. As such, you will be subject to our terms and conditions. We are not responsible and will not be liable for any loss, damage, alteration, delay or alteration resulting from civil unrest, industrial disputes including air traffic control disputes, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, fire or adverse weather conditions, unavoidable technical problems with transportation, airport or ferry port closures or congestion, cancellation of scheduled flights or financial collapse of airlines.
Terms of your contract with us
You make an offer to us only after you do so verbally or by clicking the "Book Now" button. You make us an offer to purchase services when you do so verbally or when you click the "Book Now" button. We will accept this offer as soon as we receive the necessary payment and provide you with your voucher/e-voucher.We are liable for damages that you directly incur as a result of our breach of this agreement if those damages are a foreseeable consequence of our breach of the agreement. Losses are foreseeable if they could have been foreseen by both you and us at the time we entered into our agreement. We will not be liable for consequential losses that arise as a consequence of a major loss or damage and that were not foreseeable by you or us; nor will we be liable for, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or consequential loss, damage or expense. We shall not be liable ourselves or vicariously for any failure to perform or any delay in performing any of our obligations under this booking, voucher/e-voucher, rental or terms and conditions if and to the extent that performance is delayed, hindered or prevented by force majeure, which means any event beyond the reasonable control of the party concerned. In the event that Force Majeure continues for more than 14 consecutive days, we may terminate and cancel this booking by giving 14 days' notice to your original billing address and refunding any amounts paid prior to the Force Majeure event. We have the right to cancel a reservation on limited or immediate notice in certain circumstances, such as in the event of insolvency of the car rental company. Under all circumstances, we will make every reasonable effort to arrange an alternative vehicle, but this may not be possible during periods of high demand. If the customer has made a fully prepaid booking and we have notified them at least 48 hours before picking up the car, all money already paid will be refunded to the customer. In the unlikely event that we notify the customer of a cancellation within 48 hours of receiving the reservation, we will refund all money paid in full and cover other foreseeable losses incurred by the customer as a result of the cancellation. If the customer has booked a car with a deposit, and we notify him at least 7 days before pick-up, the customer will receive a refund of all money already paid. If the customer who has booked the deposit receives notice of cancellation within 7 days after pick-up, we will refund all money paid in full and cover other foreseeable losses incurred by the customer as a result of breaking the agreement.
Your privacy is important to us. By using this site, you accept the terms of our privacy statement.
Completed reviews may be uploaded to our website for the sole purpose of informing customers of your opinion of the service and quality of the car rental company's services, and may be used in part or in whole by us on our platforms, social media platforms, newsletters, special promotions, mobile applications or other channels owned, hosted, used or controlled by us. By submitting a review, you agree to the above use of your review. We reserve the right to edit, reject or delete reviews at our sole discretion. Testimonials express the personal opinions of our customers who have filled out a survey after completing their rental. These opinions do not necessarily reflect our views. General information and terms and conditions are correct at the time of going to press.
Geonika d.o.o. operates in: Slovenia, Croatia.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and protect any information about you. It also tells you how to contact us if you have any questions, which we are happy to answer. If you're wondering what we do with cookies and similar technologies, please see our cookie statement. We may make changes to this Notice from time to time, so please watch for updates. We offer a number of services related to online car rentals. We also do this through our business partner websites, social media, and other platforms. This Notice applies to all personal information that we collect in the course of our business, or when you contact us by email, chat, phone or mail.
The personal information you provide to us
We cannot help you place an order or request a price without certain information. When you do one of these things, we ask you to give us the information we need so we can give you what you want. This is pretty standard information, which may include your name, age, date and place of birth, contact information (email, address, and phone number). It may also include information about your passport, ID card, and driver's license, as well as your loyalty program number and payment information. In addition, we collect information from your computer when you use one of our platforms, even if you do not make a reservation. This may include your IP address, the browser you are using and your language preferences. There are also situations where we receive information about you from third parties or automatically collect other information. This is a basic overview of the information we collect. Want to know more?
The personal information you give us
We store and use the information you give us. When you make a reservation, we need at least your name, email address, and payment information. We may also ask for your home address, phone number and date of birth, as well as the names of any additional drivers. If you contact us (for example, by phone, email, or social media), we will collect information there as well. After booking, we may ask you to leave feedback to help us improve our services and ensure that future customers get exactly what they are looking for. There are other ways you can provide us with information. For example, if you are browsing the site using a mobile device, you can tell us your current location so that we can provide you with the best possible service.
Personal information you give us about other people
You may add someone as an additional driver or place an order on behalf of someone else, such as a friend, family member or colleague. If so, make sure that person knows that you are providing us with their information and agrees to how we handle their personal information (as described in this Notice). This is your responsibility.
Personal data we collect automatically
When you make a reservation, we record which platform you made the reservation on and how you got to our platform (if you transferred from another site, for example). Even if you don't end up making a reservation, we may automatically collect some information when you visit our platforms. This may include your IP address, what pages you've visited, what browser you're using, and clickstream information. It may also include information about your computer's operating system, app version, language settings, settings and characteristics of a particular device, and data that identifies your device. If you use a mobile device, we may also collect location data. In addition, we may analyze and process basic data related to the applications installed on it (e.g., name, description and category).
Personal information we receive from other companies
We may also receive information about you from social media platforms, our business partners.
- Our business partners may also send us information about you to help us show you more relevant ads. We may combine any of this information with information you provide to us directly. For more information, see "Why do we collect and use your personal information?" Why do we collect and use your personal information? We ask for your personal information in order to book your car (and anything else you'll need to book) and to make sure you get the best possible service. We also use them to contact you and tell you about our latest deals and special offers. These are the main reasons we collect your personal information, but there are other reasons as well. Want to know more? Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
1. Booking: First of all, we use your personal data to make and administer reservations.
2. Customer Service: Our international customer service needs your data so that they can help you, for example, to make a reservation or answer any questions you may have before, during or after your reservation.
3. customer feedback: We can use your contact information to send you a short questionnaire about your booking. This helps us understand and improve our services and those of our business partners.
4. You can manage your reservations or other purchases, take advantage of special offers, and manage your personal settings and preferences. This also simplifies the booking process in the future.
5. Marketing Activities: We also use your personal information for marketing activities, which may include:
◦ Communicating with you by mail, phone, email or SMS (depending on the contact information you provide us) with our latest news, special offers, discounts and updates, including details about our products and services.
◦ Contacting you by phone, email or SMS with information about insurance products that you have not included in your reservation.
◦ Showing you relevant offers on our platforms or third party sites, including social media sites.
◦ Invite you to participate in promotional activities (such as referral programs or contests).
6. Communicating with you: In some cases, we may contact you by phone, email or SMS. There may be several reasons for this, including:
◦ Responding to and handling any inquiries you may have.
◦ emailing you a reminder of a reservation you haven't completed in time to see if you need help with it. We find this to be a useful additional service, as it allows you to continue your reservation without having to search for the car again or fill out all your reservation information all over again.
◦ Sending you a questionnaire or inviting you to comment on your experience.
◦ Sending you other materials related to your booking, such as how to contact us (or another company) if you need help during the booking.
◦ Sending you a summary of your previous bookings.
◦ Sending you other administrative messages that may include safety warnings, even if you don't have an upcoming reservation.
7. Market research: We may ask you to participate in market research. Any additional personal information you provide to us as part of this research will only be used with your consent.
8. Fraud Detection and Prevention: In order to provide a safe and secure service, we use your personal data to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities. Similarly, we may use personal data for risk assessment and security purposes, which may include screening users and reservations. Sometimes this may mean that we have to postpone some reservations. Improving our services: We analyze personal data to help us improve the functionality and quality of our online services and to improve the user experience.
9. Customer feedback: After booking, we may invite you to leave feedback about the services. Your feedback will help future customers make the right choices and help our business partners improve the services they offer. By leaving feedback, you agree that it may be published in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
10. Call Monitoring: We may record and/or allow other employees to listen in on phone calls to help us educate our colleagues and make sure we are consistently providing high quality service. We automatically delete recordings after a certain time unless we have a legitimate reason not to (for example, if we believe there is evidence of fraud).
11. Legal Purposes: Finally, in some cases we may need to use your personal data to address and resolve legal disputes, to conduct regulatory investigations, to ensure compliance or to ensure that we accurately enforce our terms and conditions. Providing your personal data is voluntary. However, depending on the type of service you wish to use, we may only provide you with that service if we collect certain personal data. For example, we cannot process your reservation unless we collect your name and contact information. If we use automated means to process personal data that leads to legal consequences or significantly affects you, we will take appropriate measures to protect your rights and freedoms, including the right to human intervention. For such processing of your personal data, we rely on the following legal grounds: Contract fulfillment: We need to use your personal data to fulfill any contract you enter into with us. For example, when you book a car to make sure your car is waiting for you. Legitimate interests: We may use your information in our "legitimate interests" (a term that applies to anything we deem necessary to effectively conduct our business - while respecting your rights and complying with the law). For example, to provide you with the most appropriate content on our platforms, including our emails and newsletters; to improve and promote our products and services; and for administrative purposes. Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information in certain circumstances, such as for direct marketing purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time via our data subject request portal or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with "Privacy" in the subject line.
We use several monitoring tools, such as cookies and web beacons, on our "platforms": websites, mobile apps, emails, text messages and social media accounts. This is to ensure that our platforms work properly and to provide you with a great experience when you book a rental car with us. This statement explains what these cookies and other tools do. Our privacy notices contain more information about how we protect your privacy. If you have other questions about how we use your information, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What is a cookie?
Functional cookies: Remember any preferences you set when you visit our platforms, such as preferred language and currency. Our platforms will also work without functional cookies, but working with them will not be as smooth, fast or easy. Analytics cookies: To help us improve and optimize our platforms. We (or our third-party service providers) may use them to collect aggregated or segmented information about visitors so that we can see how effective and relevant our ads are.
Our business partners can also provide us with information about your browsing history to help us make sure our platforms provide the most relevant, personalized experience. We also use Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports on site traffic and helps us identify pages that are slow, not performing or performing well.